Established since 2001, Domainex is a privately-owned, rapidly growing drug discovery therapeutics company with expertise spanning disease target expression, hit discovery, hit-to-lead identification and lead optimisation. We have established a reputation for a high-quality and innovative approach, and have a sustained track record of delivering preclinical drug candidates. Our clients include leading academic groups, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies from the UK and overseas.
At an exciting stage in its evolution, Domainex has recently moved in to a newly refurbished facility on Chesterford Research Park, near Cambridge, giving an over two-fold increase in laboratory space. The company is now looking to welcome experienced and ambitious scientists to our team.
The Domainex team has been recruited from major companies and leading universities, and we are highly experienced in every aspect of drug discovery. Our state of the art laboratories are located near Cambridge, at the centre of Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster. We have a multi-disciplinary, collegiate culture where ideas, innovation, commitment and collaboration are encouraged.
- Assay Biologists – Cambridge, UK
- Business Development Manager
- ADME/PK Scientist/Senior Scientist – Cambridge, UK
- Senior Synthetic Chemist
BioassayBuilder is a suite of services covering protein expression, assay development, high throughput screening, compound profiling (potency, selectivity, phenotype, and mechanism of action) and off-target safety assessment to support the generation of pre-clinical candidates. Our team of experienced molecular, assay and cell biologists are able to support our clients in ways that are precisely adapted to their needs.
This role requires the ability to plan and implement experimental programmes, to solve any problems that arise, and to work effectively within project teams to deliver high quality data. Other required attributes will include diligent reporting of results, data interpretation and an ability to make recommendations for further studies. Laboratory work is the major component of these varied and challenging roles, and most of our bioassays are run on automated instrumentation in medium-throughput mode. It will also be essential to able to communicate results effectively and provide data interpretation to our customers.
Qualified to BSc or PhD level, all applicants must have some prior industrial experience of running biochemical and/or cellular assays in at least one of the following categories; enzyme kinetics (including kinases), protein-protein interactions, cellular efficacy and/or mechanism of action studies, or phenotypic screening. Experience of working with laboratory automation is preferential. It would be desirable, but not essential, to have experience in some of these techniques: biophysical techniques; inflammation or oncology cellular and disease models; use of FACS equipment; primary cell culture; identification of pharmacodynamic markers in cellular assays.
Candidates must have experience of working with microtitre plate-based assays in a drug discovery setting, will have developed assays for compound screening and potency determination in a variety of formats, and will be proficient in data processing and analysis.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference BAP0417, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you enjoy meeting people? Do you like to travel? Are you passionate about selling to discerning clients? Are you qualified to Ph.D. in a life science, have some hands-on experience in small molecule drug discovery and/or the holder of an MBA? If so, you might very well be the candidate we are looking for.
We are now seeking a Business Development Manager willing to find new drug discovery service business from clients across Western Europe.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the full sales cycle, from identifying and qualifying new leads, working with the client and colleagues to submit proposals through to negotiating commercial terms and closing deals. Based from a home office within the UK within proximity to an airport, our chosen candidate shall be expected to secure appointments and organise their travel schedules to be ‘on the road’ for approximately 50% of their time, travelling in the UK and across Western Europe. The successful candidate will have to have the energy required to take on tough challenges, tenacity to pursue opportunities throughout the sales cycle. Success will require the confidence, persona and gravitas necessary to interface successfully, negotiate and close deals. Our chosen candidate will be able to draw from the skills and expertise of our most qualified and experienced scientists in support of new business.
The role of the Business Development Manager will be to:
- Identify, establish contact with, and actively pursue, new potential academic, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals clients predominantly for the Company’s drug discovery services across Western Europe. Use their network of contacts in the drug discovery industry to expand Domainex’s reach.
- Work closely with the company’s scientists to ensure the right technical input is given to building proposals to address the particular needs of the client across the drug discovery spectrum, from target expression to delivery of pre-clinical candidates.
- Help write persuasive sales proposals to a high-quality level in a timely fashion once a lead has been qualified. Drive the succeeding contract negotiation process.
- Act as the key business contact for clients during the prosecution of contracts:
- Support with any techno-commercial project problem solving that may be required
- Communicate any proposed or necessary changes in research project scope, and lead any significant contract renegotiation
- Build and maintain strong long-term relationships with current and future clients and networks to develop future sales prospects.
- Maintain effective customer and prospect management processes, and supporting records and data systems.
The ideal candidate will have had ideally a combination of hands-on experience in a small molecule industrial drug discovery setting and have a willingness to leverage this experience to build new business relationships with prospective clients. It would be desirable but not essential if you have a proven track record of selling of contract drug discovery services. The main characteristic we are looking for is a person passionate about consultative selling who can build an in-depth knowledge of the services Domainex offers and can quickly build trust and rapport with scientists and managers from our target organisations. Our candidate will have an eye for detail and be extremely well organised. It goes without saying that we seek a results-orientated, high achiever looking to become a key lynch-pin in growing with our organisation. Success will lead to handsome reward.
- Excellent scientific credentials qualified to Ph.D. level in chemistry or life sciences or the holder of a life science first degree and an MBA.
- Ideally a track-record of initiation and negotiation of sales in the drug discovery services sector, coupled with an excellent practical understanding of deal structuring, and a track record of closing deals.
- An in-depth understanding of the pharmaceuticals and biotechnology sector and its dynamics
- Knowledge of the critical stages of the drug discovery process, from target expression to lead optimisation
- Results focussed, self-motivated with a high level of drive and energy, and a readiness to take on tough challenges and see them through to conclusion
- Has good business acumen: able to gather critical business information on which to base judgement and decide priorities, and to combine negotiating skills with significant scientific depth to identify and secure business opportunities.
- Demonstrates first-class communication ability, with the credibility and skills of persuasion that are required to present arguments in a diplomatic, clear, concise, and logical manner, and to influence others positively.
- Has the confidence, persona and gravitas needed to interface and negotiate at all levels, and to sell the Company's service capabilities confidently to the outside world.
- Is customer-focused, with the ability to build and evolve relationships internally and externally at all levels over a significant period.
- Can think laterally, and to implement tactics that will lead to the evolution of both sales activities and corporate relationships.
- Is an active team player with the flexibility to work in multi-disciplinary teams with a broad range of personalities.
- Prepared to travel as needed (up to 50%) to establish and develop business contacts.
The position offers a competitive salary with generous company pension scheme and bonus structure to reward personal success in securing new business.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference BD0516, to email@example.com.
Domainex require an experienced ADME/PK ‘hands-on’ scientist to lead the delivery of high-quality ADME/PK assay data into client-focused drug discovery projects in a just-in-time manner. The role shall require the ability to design, develop, conduct, analyse and report on in vitro ADME/PK studies. This exciting role will require cross-team collaboration with bioassay scientists, analytical and medicinal chemists, utilizing established automation and informatics systems. It will span various therapeutic areas, with projects at differing stages of the drug discovery process. The candidate will also need to work with colleagues in sales and marketing to generate case studies, generate marketing literature and provide input during the proposal stage of new projects.
Qualified to BSc or PhD level, all applicants must have prior industrial experience of performing/interpreting in vitro assays; including, but not limited to, metabolic stability, metabolite identification, CYP inhibition, drug transporters, reaction phenotyping and protein binding. Our ideal candidates will have established skills in cell-based in vitro assays including hepatocyte turnover and Caco-2 cell permeation models as applied to drug absorption. Ideally a senior candidate would have the following experience; (i) hands-on experience of mass spectrometry as applied to in vitro drug metabolism (ii) hands-on experience of bioanalytical method development and metabolite identification using LC/MS/MS (and/or QTof).
An ability to work across multiple projects is required and ideal candidates must possess excellent organisation, planning, communication and data analysis skills. Senior candidates will be expected to influence drug discovery projects and provide data interpretation to our customers via written reports and/or face-to-face communication.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference AN0817, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Domainex is seeking an experienced, ‘hands-on’ senior synthetic chemist to project lead the delivery of high-quality compounds to client projects. Drawing on experience gained in industry over several years, the role shall require the ability to devise and execute the synthesis of target compounds to agreed purity and quantity (up to multi-gram) requirements. Candidates should have a passion for synthetic chemistry, evidence of problem-solving ability and successfully proposing solutions. In addition, the position comes with project leadership responsibility; for coordinating the work of up to six synthetic chemists, and communicating regular updates to client on progress being made by the project team.
Qualified to BSc or PhD level, all applicants must have a proven track record over several years of delivering on client-sponsored synthetic chemistry projects. Our candidate will be confident at presenting to clients and senior management and be able to coordinate their own synthesis work with those of their team members on client sponsored projects so that the agreed project deliverables are achieved on time and to budget. Previous line management experience of chemists would be advantageous.
Having an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, the ideal candidate must possess excellent organisation, planning, communication and data analysis skills. Trouble shooting and overcoming technical challenges will be a continuous requirement to ensure the most efficient routes are used for the particular synthetic chemistry required of the target compounds. The successful candidate will be expected to work with and influence clients as well as chemists from other disciplines at Domainex, particularly in analytical chemistry. There will be a requirement to generate written documents to customers on a regular basis including proposals and written reports.
As a fast-growing technology company, Domainex offers a stimulating environment in which to work. Staffed with scientists with varying disciplines in a matrix structure within a single location, our scientists are encouraged to be innovators, work collaboratively and above all to serve the needs of its clients.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference SSC2017, to recruitment2017 @domainex.co.uk.
For all posts, we are legally obliged to confirm that the appointee is eligible to work in the UK before they start working for us. When applying for jobs it is important that you are aware of your eligibility status as government restrictions apply to the employment of migrant workers. If invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK on your arrival.
Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within one month of submitting your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.