Domainex is seeking highly motivated and ambitious laboratory-based scientists with a passion for drug discovery research. We pride ourselves on our strong work ethic and our friendly, supportive environment where scientists are encouraged to develop skills and build their careers.
Based from our Medicines Research Centre on Chesterford Research Park, near Cambridge, we have doubled in size in the last two years and don’t plan to stop there.
Complementing an ambitious growth strategy, we are actively investing in our people and technologies, and looking to strengthen our Bioassay and Analytical Chemistry teams. If you would like to join us, and have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
- ADME/PK Scientist/Senior Scientist – Cambridge, UK
- Analytical Chemists - Cambridge, UK
- Assay Biologists - Cambridge, UK
- Head of Business Development, USA - 2 positions: West Coast (USA) and East Coast (USA)
Domainex require an experienced ADME/PK ‘hands-on’ scientist to lead the delivery of high-quality ADME/PK assay data into client-focused drug discovery projects in a just-in-time manner. The role shall require the ability to design, develop, conduct, analyse and report on in vitro ADME/PK studies. This exciting role will require cross-team collaboration with bioassay scientists, analytical and medicinal chemists, utilizing established automation and informatics systems. It will span various therapeutic areas, with projects at differing stages of the drug discovery process. The candidate will also need to work with colleagues in sales and marketing to generate case studies, generate marketing literature and provide input during the proposal stage of new projects.
Qualified to BSc or PhD level, all applicants must have prior industrial experience of performing/interpreting in vitro assays; including, but not limited to, metabolic stability, metabolite identification, CYP inhibition, drug transporters, reaction phenotyping and protein binding. Our ideal candidates will have established skills in cell-based in vitro assays including hepatocyte turnover and Caco-2 cell permeation models as applied to drug absorption. Ideally a senior candidate would have the following experience; (i) hands-on experience of mass spectrometry as applied to in vitro drug metabolism (ii) hands-on experience of bioanalytical method development and metabolite identification using LC/MS/MS (and/or QTof).
An ability to work across multiple projects is required and ideal candidates must possess excellent organisation, planning, communication and data analysis skills. Senior candidates will be expected to influence drug discovery projects and provide data interpretation to our customers via written reports and/or face-to-face communication.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference AN0817, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Domainex currently has full-time, permanent positions available immediately for analytical scientists. The roles involve the development, qualification and implementation of analytical methods suitable for bioassay applications and also the characterisation of compounds for biological testing.
Our ideal candidates will have a minimum BSc/MSc degree (in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry) and industrial experience in an analytical chemistry laboratory. Experience in the operation of LC and preferably LCMS equipment, and proven LC method-development skills are essential.
An understanding of LCMS instrument maintenance and troubleshooting would be beneficial. It would be advantageous to be skilled in the undertaking and analysis of MS-based bioanalytical methods, e.g. to assess compound ADME parameters. An ability to work across multiple projects is required and ideal candidates must possess excellent organisation, planning, communication and data analysis attributes. Practical knowledge of other techniques such as NMR, GCMS, preparative HPLC, would be required.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference AC1217, to email@example.com
Domainex offers a suite of biology services covering recombinant protein expression, X-ray crystallography, biochemical, biophysical and cell-based assay development, high throughput screening, compound profiling (potency, selectivity, phenotype, and mechanism of action) and off-target ADME/safety assessment to support the generation of pre-clinical candidates.
Domainex has full-time permanent vacancies for assay biologists. The roles require the ability to plan and implement experimental programmes, to solve any problems that arise, and to work effectively within project teams to deliver high quality data to our clients. Other required attributes will include diligent reporting of results, data interpretation and an ability to make recommendations for further studies. Laboratory work is the major component of these varied and challenging roles, and most of our bioassays are run on automated instrumentation. It will also be essential to able to communicate results effectively to our clients.
Qualified to BSc or PhD level in a relevant life science discipline, all applicants ideally should have some prior experience of running biochemical, biophysical and/or cellular assays in at least one of the following categories; enzyme kinetics, receptor binding studies, biophysical assays or cellular efficacy and/or mechanism of action studies. Candidates must have experience of working with microtitre plate-based assays, ideally in a drug discovery setting, will have developed assays for compound screening and potency determination in a variety of formats, and will be proficient in data processing and analysis.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference BA1217, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the one of the world’s fastest growing providers of integrated drug discovery services! Domainex has doubled its revenues in the last two years, and the United States is our most rapidly developing market. We are looking for two talented Heads of Business Development to accelerate our growth in specific territories of the United States.
Head of Business Development (West Coast, USA) should be based within an hour’s drive from downtown San Francisco, California, and will be responsible for activities in the San Francisco to San Diego region.
Head of Business Development (East Coast, USA) should be based within an hour’s drive from downtown Boston, Massachusetts and will be responsible for activities in the Boston to New Jersey corridor.
Domainex Ltd is headquartered in Cambridge, UK and has partnerships with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations across the globe. Our services span protein expression and structural biology, hit discovery (by fragment, virtual and diversity screening), and medicinal chemistry optimisation of hits and leads. Domainex has established an unrivalled reputation for excellence in the delivery of results all the way across the drug discovery value-chain, through to the identification of pre-clinical candidates in numerous therapeutic areas (including oncology and immune-inflammatory).
You will be a highly motivated and self-driven individual with a successful track record of delivering business development outcomes in the pharmaceutical pre-clinical contract research market. We expect you to be educated to at least Bachelor degree-level in a chemistry or life science discipline, and to be familiar with drug discovery processes.
You will be responsible for introducing the full range of our drug discovery services to organisations that want to source external complementary expertise to enable their pre-clinical research. Working closely with these clients and our technical specialists, you will be adept at establishing and building long-lasting, profitable partnerships.
- Be accountable for new business and overall revenue growth in your territory.
- Develop and implement a strategy to engage and influence pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations in your territory, that have an interest in the drug discovery services of Domainex. Ultimately your key task will be to build a portfolio of profitable clients and establish Domainex as the ‘go to’ drug discovery service partner for life science organisations in your region.
- Develop long-term business relationships with client organisations and convert these into sales, by contributing to proposals and closing deals through a consultative sales process.
- Confidently present Domainex and our full range of drug discovery services to life science organisations in your territory. Represent Domainex at industry conferences and meetings.
- Work closely with the company’s expert scientists to create programmes of research tailored to your clients’ drug discovery requirements. Co-ordinate dialogue, information flow and construct the commercial framework that underpins these partnerships.
- Manage business development activities (pipeline, revenue, forecasting) in CRM platform (Salesforce).
It goes without saying that we are looking for a results-orientated, high achievers who have established successful track records of selling to clients, and are passionate about promoting Domainex to the market.
You must be an effective networker, comfortable with meeting and building relationships with clients, and be a determined deal-maker. You should be extremely well organised, have an eye for detail, and able to see things through to deal closure. Our ideal candidate will have had some laboratory experience working in a life science organisation (ideally in an industrial setting).
- 5+ years business development experience within the life sciences or pharmaceutical industry;
- Good scientific credentials, qualified to Bachelors level in a biological or chemical subject(s);
- An in-depth understanding of the pre-clinical pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors and their dynamics;
- Knowledge of the key stages of the drug discovery process, from target expression to lead optimization;
- Have a track-record of initiation and negotiation of business partnerships in the pre-clinical drug discovery arena;
- Possess an excellent understanding of how to build long-term, profitable business partnerships with clients;
- Ideally experienced using a customer-relationship management platform to manage a portfolio of emerging business partnerships.
- Be passionate about the people and capabilities that Domainex has established;
- Be results focussed, self-motivated with a high level of drive and energy, with a readiness to take on challenging targets and see them through to conclusion;
- Make a difference to the company by securing business from new and existing clients;
- Have good business acumen: be able to gather information, make judgements and decide priorities;
- Be able to understand client objectives and be able to convince them why to choose Domainex;
- Combine first-class communication skills, with being credible and tenacious throughout the new business acquisition cycle;
- Have the confidence, persona and gravitas required to interface and negotiate with the decision makers while understanding the parts played by others (e.g. gate keepers) in target organisations;
- Be comfortable meeting scientists and managers and to have established a strong personal network of contacts across life science organisations.
Each position comes with a competitive salary, healthcare cover, pension scheme and a chance to participate in the company’s Sales Incentive Plan structured to provide significant reward (potentially more than doubling your base salary) for personal success in enabling the company to generate revenues from your efforts.
To apply for the Head of Business Development (East Coast, USA) role, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference BDEC, to email@example.com
To apply for the Head of Business Development (West Coast, USA) role, please send your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference BDWC, to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of your application for the Head of Business Development, USA, the information you supply, including your contact details, will be passed to a Domainex appointed third party recruiter for the sole purpose of processing this application. It will be stored on their database located outside the EEA (European Economic Area) and protected under the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
Established in 2001, Domainex is a privately-owned, rapidly growing drug discovery services company with expertise spanning disease target expression, hit discovery, hit-to-lead identification and lead optimisation.
We have established an excellent reputation for providing high-quality and innovative drug discovery services and have an established track record of delivering preclinical drug candidates for our partners. Our clients include leading universities, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in the UK and overseas.
As a fast-growing technology company, Domainex offers a stimulating environment in which to work. Scientists are encouraged to be innovators, work collaboratively and above all to deliver high quality data and results to our customers.
For all posts, we are legally obliged to confirm that the appointee is eligible to work in the UK before they start working for us. When applying for jobs it is important that you are aware of your eligibility status as government restrictions apply to the employment of migrant workers. If invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK on your arrival.
Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within one month of submitting your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.