Cambridge, UK, 1st July 2015 / Domainex Ltd, a private drug discovery service company, today announces that it is launching an integrated bioassay service platform, BioassayBuilder. The new platform expands on the existing protein expression, hit identification and medicinal chemistry services available to its academic, biotechnology and pharmaceutical clients.
BioassayBuilder draws on the extensive expertise of bioscientists at Domainex over a wide range of druggable gene families that include protein-protein, enzyme, epigenetic and GPCR targets. Coupled to the proprietary Combinatorial Domain Hunting technology for unlocking difficult to express protein targets, and LeadBuilder for hit identification, BioassayBuilder is a unique approach to pursuing targets implicated in a range of human diseases including cancer, respiratory, cardiovascular, and immune-inflammatory conditions. It encompasses reagent generation and miniaturized assay development through to potency, selectivity and phenotypic profiling of compounds.
Dr. Thomas Mander, Chief Operating Officer of Domainex, stated: “BioassayBuilder allows us to operate a full range of integrated services for our clients, from protein expression to pre-clinical drug candidate characterisation. By co-locating BioassayBuilder alongside our existing high-quality medicinal chemistry services, we are able to simplify and accelerate the progression of our client’s drug discovery projects."
"In addition, BioassayBuilder can be integrated with the biophysical assays offered by our strategic partner ZoBio, including their proprietary Target Immobilized NMR Screening platform and NMR-based structural biology, together with the renowned protein crystallography expertise of our CSO Professor Laurence Pearl” Dr. Mander added.
Notes for Editor
- Founded in 2002, Domainex is based in Cambridge, UK. It is one of the fastest growing UK biotechnology companies and a leading provider of drug discovery services to pharma, biotech and academia.
- Domainex is a privately-owned revenue-generating company. It has attracted investment from UCLB, the Bloomsbury Bioseed Fund, Longbow Capital, The Capital Fund (managed by YFM Venture Finance), Bury Fitzwilliam-Ley, Juno Capital, and from Takeda Research Investments. The UK’s Biomedical Catalyst, run jointly by Innovate UK and the Medical Research Council, has also supported Domainex’s work on COPD drug discovery.
- Domainex is a drug discovery CRO with a reputation for speed and innovation, built on an exceptional track record of drug candidate delivery. It has a world-class discovery team with the unrivalled track record of an average of one candidate drug delivered every year in the past six on behalf of its clients. Domainex's focus is on providing highly efficient and well considered scientific solutions to enable successful drug discovery programmes against a wide range of drug targets.
- Services offered by Domainex include medicinal chemistry, hit identification, assay development, cell biology and mode of action studies, DMPK testing and protein expression.
- Domainex’s discovery platform enables rapid progression of drug discovery projects from novel target through to candidate drug by means of its Combinatorial Domain Hunting (CDH) technology, LeadBuilder virtual hit screening software, and its integrated approach to medicinal and computational chemistry.
- The BioassayBuilder platform is Domainex's unique approach to bioassay support across the drug discovery value chain. By offering a broad range of services, customised to the client's needs, Domainex can simplify and accelerate the progression of drug discovery projects targeting a wide variety of human diseases.
- Major discovery 'gaps' exist between the vast amount of genomic information that is now available, the accessibility of the corresponding proteins for use in target validation and drug discovery, and the identification of robust hits in a cost-effective manner. Domainex is utilising its proprietary platform technologies in order to solve these challenges in exciting but challenging drug targets and is building its own pipeline of novel and potentially life-saving therapies for COPD, auto-immune diseases and cancer.
For more information see: www.domainex.co.uk or contact:
Tom Mander, COO
Tel: +44 (0)7584 578024
Media Relations: Sylvie Berrebi
Tel: +44 (0)7795 197271