Providing you with a high-quality analytical service that combines the latest technology with our in-depth expertise is a real specialism at Domainex.
Our highly experienced team offers you access to a unique analytical/bioanalytical method development resource, and by solving any problems encountered along the way, they provide you with robust data to drive forward your chemical or biological projects. The range of high-end instrumentation available to us (as described below) enables solutions to even the most demanding of analytical challenges.
In addition to standalone solutions, our analytical team can be deployed as part of our integrated service along with our synthetic, medicinal and computational chemistry, X-ray crystallography, ADME/bioanalytical and bioassay (see biophysics and cell biology) teams. We develop strategies to solve each chemical or biological problem, using the latest technologies to provide the data required to inform complex decisions in product development.
Examples of the more out-of-the-ordinary analytical work done at Domainex include: small-molecule cellular accumulation and metabolite profiling; enzyme turnover assays; biomarker and biomolecule detection; and the analysis of proteins, peptides and oligonucleotides.
We offer a broad range of analytical services, including, but not limited to:
- UPLC-MSMS, LCMS (including mass-directed purification) and HPLC
- Chiral separation and method development
LCMS instrumentation at Domainex includes:
- Waters Xevo TQ-S UPLC MS/MS
- Waters Xevo G2-XS UPLC QTof MS
- Agilent 6510 QTof/Agilent 1100 LCMS/MS
- Waters ZQ/Agilent 1100 LCMS
The following services are available:
- Open access LCMS analysis of organic compounds by our medicinal and synthetic chemistry teams
- Standard LCMS QC analysis at pH2 and pH9 of organic compounds with ELSD detection, where required
- Bespoke LCMS or LCMS/MS assays
- LCMS (QTof) accurate mass analysis of organic compounds
- Preparative HPLC, including several mass-directed systems
Domainex also has a wide variety of column chemistries appropriate for reversed phase chromatography, HILIC, Chiral and SEC.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Spectroscopy Services
Domainex has an open access Jeol JNM-ECS400 instrument with a multinuclear probe fitted with a STAC-Man 64 sample changer. It can support medicinal and synthetic chemistry programmes with the following services:
- Proton NMR Spectroscopy
- Carbon-13 NMR Spectroscopy
- Fluorine NMR Spectroscopy
- Phosphorus NMR Spectroscopy
- Ligand-observed STD NMR for orthogonal fragment hit confirmation
Domainex scientists can analyse organic compounds using our Agilent 6890/Agilent 5973N system.
Chiral Separation and Method Development Services
Domainex offers a chiral method development service using an analytical chiral screening system with Agilent 1200 HPLC and DAD. This system includes automated mobile phase and column switching with >12 chiral phases available. Chiral purification is achieved with a dedicated Gilson prep HPLC and DAD. Five preparative chiral phases are available (250 x 20mm).