Confirming that your compounds work using cell assays that model the target tissue is an essential step in the drug discovery process.
Cell-based assays can also be invaluable in confirming uptake of your compounds within your target cells and their mode of action including on downstream signalling pathways. Cell assays are effective in determining any unwanted biological responses that need to be addressed in the compound optimisation process.
Cell Assay Services
Domainex's experienced team of cell biologists is able to test a large variety of different cell types, including B cells and T cells, and can offer you a wide range of cellular assay services to enable screening and mode-of-action studies on your compounds. Our assay development expertise enables powerful compound profiling in a wide range of cell types that has opened up otherwise challenging research areas for our clients.
Our cell biology team has a broad range of experience and can advise you on the best assays to support your drug discovery programme. We have a strong track record of success in conducting the following types of experiments:
- Phenotypic assays
- IncuCyte® imaging
- Atmosphere-controlled long-term kinetic cellular readouts on a Clariostar® plate-reader
- Cell viability, cell health, cell cycle and cell death
- Immunology endpoints (e.g. phagocytosis and inflammasome readouts)
- Metabolic function
- Mitochondrial function (see our white paper on using TMRM to monitor changes in mitochondrial membrane potential)
- 3D spheroid cultures
- Cell-based drug combination/synergy studies
- Target engagement and protein expression
- IncuCyte® imaging
- Western blotting
- Biomarker profiling
- AlphasLISA® technology, IncuCyte® imaging and FACS
- Able to analyse up to 20 cytokines in multiplex to study immune responses
- Other biomarkers available such as secreted proteins, phosphorylation and kinase levels and histone methylation
- Reporter assays for analysis of biochemical pathways
- FLIPR ion flux
- Receptor second messengers
- Protein-protein interactions
Cell Differentiation Expertise
We have expertise in culturing many different cell types, including inflammatory cells such as lymphocytes (B cells and T cells), cardiomyocytes, neuronal cells, tumour cells, adipocytes, skeletal muscle cells and induced pluripotent stem cells. We are familiar with a number of cell differentiation protocols that allow us to make the required cell types from progenitor cells.